Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Running Amber

Options
  • 11-08-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody else had trouble getting the black update?
    I was waiting patiently but noticed that cyan is on the verge of release so I'm wondering is something wrong.

I read that the OTA updates are carrier dependant so the only conclusion I can draw is that this is the problem as I'm using a sim free 920 with meteor, who never actually sold the 920. Or is that all wrong?

I got the 8.1 dev preview but that hasn't solved it either.

Anybody better in a similar position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

On the Settings > About screen, what Carrier is listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

According to those screenshots you are running the Lumia Black firmware.

You could try downloading the Nokia Care Suite software and seeing if there are any updates available via it

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

No need to run Nokia Care Suite You are running the latest firmware Lumia Black, Cyan is currently still in testing 000-GB means the handset is running GB country Variant

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

simi956 wrote: »
    No need to run Nokia Care Suite You are running the latest firmware Lumia Black, Cyan is currently still in testing 000-GB means the handset is running GB country Variant

Yeah, that's probably the case.

But even if Cyan for the Lumia 920 was released tomorrow, you can't update if you're on the Dev Preview programme - you'd have to revert to 8.0, OTA to 8.1 then enable Dev Preview again for Update 1, then restore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

According to those screenshots you are running the Lumia Black firmware.

You could try downloading the Nokia Care Suite software and seeing if there are any updates available via it

Oh right, the latest version number listed on the Nokia site must correlate with cyan.
    I thought there was some firmware missing because since the last download my video recorder won't record audio.

Anyway, thanks for the help folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement