Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intreo question

Options
  • 11-08-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just came from a one on one meeting with a case worker and put a plan in place for seeking jobs/courses etc...

She says I'll have another meeting with her again in the future, my question is how long are these interviews generally apart from each other? I mean I had one today so how long does it generally take until I get called again?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Murmillo

Hi, just came from a one on one meeting with a case worker and put a plan in place for seeking jobs/courses etc...

She says I'll have another meeting with her again in the future, my question is how long are these interviews generally apart from each other? I mean I had one today so how long does it generally take until I get called again?

Thanks in advance.

It depends on the person to be honest . I know nowadays they are calling in people alot more as they are targeted to get people working or on courses. Funnily enough if you are Irish and present yourself well, you get called in more frequently as they would class you as the low hanging fruit with more of a chance at getting a job, so they will push you for that.
    I know one guy who is getting hounded by them despite genuinely looking for work. Then i know a couple of foreign guys who pretend to have bad English and they hardly ever get called in.
    They use bully boy tactics in Intreo though, the phone system they have records all your meetings with your facilitator. They are known to let people dig them self into a hole not giving correct information about the rules whilst claiming state benefit and letting that person break the rule so they can force them off social welfare.

Whilst i agree a crackdown is needed when it comes to state benefits, unfortunately the system is flawed in that the bad guys get everything for free whilst the good guys get hounded with stopped payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think it can depend on how active you are. Someone sitting at home doing nothing will have to attend more than someone doing courses, showing job applications, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Thanks in advance.

I got a telephone call 3 months after first interview . I was shown courses without telling me that they are funded by Intreo. The interviewer wanted me to pay myself for a safe pass course.I was called in again for a second interview. I refused to pay so I was reluctantly handed a form and got it approved. I attended the course and did an interview for another. I did ask her what happens if I still do not find a job .The reply was we just send you back to welfare. I am 59 and out of work for 4 years. The foreigners can play all kinds of games to get out its easier for them. I have after a month had no contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I got a telephone call 3 months after first interview . I was shown courses without telling me that they are funded by Intreo. The interviewer wanted me to pay myself for a safe pass course.I was called in again for a second interview. I refused to pay so I was reluctantly handed a form and got it approved. I attended the course and did an interview for another. I did ask her what happens if I still do not find a job .The reply was we just send you back to welfare. I am 59 and out of work for 4 years. The foreigners can play all kinds of games to get out its easier for them. I have after a month had no contact.

That's funny. They really don't want to pay out for courses. I was told I needed a job offer before they would pay for a course. They wanted to bully me onto a free very basic computer course, on the same level as the junior cert, meant for early school leavers. I have college qualifications. It wasn't until I said that I was going to make a complaint that they got the forms. Maybe I looked like a soft touch to bully. But I never heard anything back, even after making phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭belinda502

Intreo service is really bad. I made an appointment there and got this young one in Limerick who really couldn't have cared less and knew nothing. She didn't even introduce herself and when I asked her who she was she looked at me as if I had asked her what sort of underwear she was wearing.

I got a virus from the Intreo job website last March. It appeared to function with Microsoft 1997-2003 which is outdated. As soon as I came off it I got a virus notification which I had to get removed professionally as my anti virus software couldn't remove it. It was a useless site too as the deadlines for most of the jobs on it had expired and they were still up on the site.

There is a man in there who is meant to be in charge of my 'file' but whenever I ring he is never available and never phones me back. I registered for a course but they had my email listed incorrectly through a typo which I only found out about when I rang up to query whether I had gotten a place on the course. They then said they weren't able to tell me whether I had gotten a place on it or not. All in all a non service. Joan Burton should be really proud of herself for presiding over this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement