Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band recommendations?

Options
  • 11-08-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi,

We're hoping to have a small (up to 50) wedding next summer. Could someone recommend a lively, fun band....that isn't too expensive? The wedding will be in Dublin, I'm not sure if that dictates what band we will pick (do you typically pick depending on your county)??

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

ClubDead wrote: »
    Hi,

We're hoping to have a small (up to 50) wedding next summer. Could someone recommend a lively, fun band....that isn't too expensive? The wedding will be in Dublin, I'm not sure if that dictates what band we will pick (do you typically pick depending on your county)??

Thank you.
    You could check out "Loose Change" - they play in Malahide every Sunday so relatively easy to see them a couple of times and see what you think of them.

It doesn't give a real feel for their wedding set I suppose, but you can definitely see how good they are - there usual set is rock based so I guess it's a little different to what they'd play at weddings.
    Gibney's 6.30 - 8.30 every Sunday.

Not sure if we are allowed supply links to websites/public contact info. But PM if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

ClubDead wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you.

Its generally easier to pick a band thats based in the county as you can view easier and also get to avoid a travel loading in the cost.

Dublin will see you right, theres enough smallish bands for you to pick from. Should be able to pick up a decent 4 piece for under 1.5k, might get a DJ thrown in if you ask nicely. try the great escape or pink champagne.

Advertisement