Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooting a Moto X on 4.4.4?

Options
  • 11-08-2014 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,I have never done the "Root" Process before but would like to give it a go. I am running Kitkat 4.4.4 on a Moto X but can't find any links to guides on doing the Root. Can someone here help me?

***Correction I have the Moto G*** Got the two mixed up :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Before you get started, and since you admit to not knowing much about "the root process" (or how to find the relevant online guides and tutorials), I'd be inclined to ask yourself first exactly why you want to root — and risk bricking — a brand new phone running a very smooth, "bloat"-free, official Motorola version of the very latest release of Android?

If you just want to "give it a go" out of pure curiosity, fine. But be aware of the risks! I practised first on a cheapo Chinese phone that cost me €40 off Alibaba. I'm not rushing to repeat the experiment on my new Moto G when, in any case, rooting it will bring me little appreciable advantage in terms of how I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The chance of bricking a phone now are minimal, unless you really **** things up along the way.

I'd definitely suggest rooting, even with no bloatware.

Xposed installer is a must for any rooted device, gives you loads of potential upgrades and lets you adjust the phone to your liking.

loads of other apps to really improve overall performance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

RossieMan wrote: »
    The chance of bricking a phone now are minimal, unless you really **** things up along the way.
    I'll just leave this here so.

Fine if you know what you're doing, but the OP said he didn't...(?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

none of those phones are bricked. They're all soft bricked. easy to fix.

op, just download kingo android root to your pc, its the best root program ive used. Free, too.

Will have it dne in a couple of minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement