Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rules on cooking leftovers

Options
  • 11-08-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

i cooked some really good salmon last night and didnt eat half of it.

it was just lying in the oven all day, i forgot to refrigerate it.

i dont want to throw it away. can i re-cook it? i'm using a meat temperature gauge.

im sure theres a better place to ask but its cooking now and i need to know...

even if i cook it through, will i die? or maybe get the runs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Put it in saltwater and wait for the other half to grow back.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe you will die, but at least you won't die hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

it's fine, op.
    of course you shouldnt leave things out all day at room temperature but its not like a dairy product such as say a quiche. That would be a bad idea then.

Just heat it up for a few minutes and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

i cooked some really good salmon last night and didnt eat half of it.

it was just lying in the oven all day, i forgot to refrigerate it.

i dont want to throw it away. can i re-cook it? i'm using a meat temperature gauge.

im sure theres a better place to ask but its cooking now and i need to know...

even if i cook it through, will i die? or maybe get the runs?

Better off going hungry to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

it's fine, op.
    of course you shouldnt leave things out all day at room temperature but its not like a dairy product such as say a quiche. That would be a bad idea then.

Just heat it up for a few minutes and you'll be grand.
    thanks,thats what i was thinking

but then i was like, there has to be some reason we store leftover meat on the top shelf of fridges at 4-degree celsius?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

If you eat it and dont feel well don't forget to log off before you die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

OP, what on earth are ye fretting about, man?! :D Every two days, I put a beef curry in my slow cooker. It cooks all day. That night I eat half, straight from the crock.

The remaining half sits there. On top of the chest freezer. The glass lid keeps the flies off. Other than that ..... Twenty four hours later, I'm back. I put the remaining half on my plate. Microwave it for five minutes or so. Nom nom nom!

I've been doing this for the past six months (One day a week. Town day. I bring back and eat a pair of chickens tits)

Cooked meat is way different from Raw meat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Freeze once, cook once, reheat once - never steered me wrong yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Whats in the farmed salmon is more likely to cause problems than the cooking.

Id thoroughly reheat it though, look it up online for ideas, temperature/time? or feed it to the cat/dog.

Advertisement