Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Led setup for 2 display cabinets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I used a similar type of led strip lights for other uses. The ones I got were 12v white sticky back led strips i got from hobbyking.com. Here is a link

You can cut them and there are little tags you solder wiring onto. They are designed to be cut between double sets of tags so now there is a set of tags at the end anytime they are cut into shorter lengths.

So if you used a few separate strips, wires can be soldered from one to the next. They then had a 12v supply to them. At the time I made a pwm circuit to dim them for soft on and off, but for your use, simply switching on and off a 12v transformer would do probably.

How do you want to switch them on and off, a switch on the press, or by remote like it has in your link?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

Hi Bruthal,thanks for your reply,I will use the remote in the picture,I think you can buy the connectors for the led strips,could I use 1 on each and use something like a 4 way splitter into the controller and power source to save me soldering?
    Thanks

There are 3 channels on that controller I think. So you can connect 3 strips direct (1 to each channel), and just extend one with a connector lead to make up the 4th strip.

Excellent,so I would have 2 in series on 1 connection and the other 2 on individual connection,I might get away with 1 in each cabinet as the shelves are glass,I'll try 2 and if not then 4,thanks for your help

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    Excellent,so I would have 2 in series on 1 connection and the other 2 on individual connection,I might get away with 1 in each cabinet as the shelves are glass,I'll try 2 and if not then 4,thanks for your help

Yes 2 strips in series, although all leds remain in parallel when you do that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Robus have a 2 M kit, it comes in 4 x 500mm strips and has all pre-terminated joints and cables etc all connect either to each other or to the driver about 30 euro i think

Stoner wrote: »
    Robus have a 2 M kit, it comes in 4 x 500mm strips and has all pre-terminated joints and cables etc all connect either to each other or to the driver about 30 euro i think

Sounds like a good way to go for the OP there.

I bought an led kit on eBay,bought the connectors and got it set up,here is a picture of it:
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/p_o_s_t_y/14940947910/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

nice job thanks for sharing it

Advertisement