Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC Build €800

Options
  • 10-08-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Brother is looking to build a PC for around 800 euro, for gaming and a small bit of college work. Not looking to overclock, just want the components :) Looking for something that will be relatively up to date for a while, i know everything gets out dated :p
    1. What is your budget? €800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming mostly and just a small bit of college work.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Nope

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Nope, need everything apart from monitor and mouse etc.

5. Do you need a monitor? Nope

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? - Will be getting a 1080p one.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] - Nope.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Nope

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]- Any of them. Although ill be ordering off hardwareversand so bank transfer is most likely.

9. When are you purchasing? Whenever I get the parts in my basket :D

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Im going to build it for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Right lads, I have thrown this together but bear in mind I havent really got much knowledge on graphics cards at all, so this one may not suit the build. Also I just guessed for the PSU, would 500 be sufficient for this build? If people could tell me where im going wrong it would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

theres an asus r9 280 for 14€ cheaper than the one you have selected, also, make sure you put all your parts through geizhals(dot)de for a discount :)

Wow, switched the case and removed the DVD drive, and put it through the discount site and its gone down by 100 euro? Also switched the PSU to a corsair 500W modular. Other than that I think everything is okay, how do people rate the card that I chose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

its good but you can get a better card for 180€. just type in asus r9 280, its a big card so make sure it will fit in your case.

So heres where I am atm, used the geizhals site. How does this look atm? Went for a different card that was recommended on here, and im wondering is the motherboard okay too? Im confident about the hard drive/SSD's , ram etc so mainly just worried about the GPU, processor and motherboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

For around the same price you could get this. The case comes in 9 colors. Prices got using geizhals.de

If you want to save a bit grab an MSI Gaming R9 280 instead of the 290. It's still a great card and will knock €150 off of the price.

-Edit- Your build is also fine.

319037.png

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YFQNYJ

€768

Of course that's using UK sites, so using Geizhals and HWVS the price might be even lower, so you could upgrade the GPU to 280X or 290.

QHSOJAl.png

For another €65 (inc. shipping) or so, you could get a 290 on here: http://www.hoh.de/detail/index/sArticle/994903

Run the case through Geizhals and you can get €5 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The 280x is a waste of money, the 280 is identical just with lower clock speeds.

Just overclock it to or above 280x levels.

The MSI gaming one can be got for €185.

BloodBath wrote: »
    The 280x is a waste of money, the 280 is identical just with lower clock speeds.

Just overclock it to or above 280x levels.

The MSI gaming one can be got for €185.

Well I did build it around a 290 and just threw a 280X in there so I could keep it under €800. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement