Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xfx GeForce 8800gt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you're not gaming, then this will suffice perfectly. You may even find a cheaper card for as little as 10 euro on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Thanks TerrorFirmer, when your deciding on graphics cards do you go by bus speed, memory power requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unless you're playing games or rendering or something of that nature, none of that makes any difference for regular desktop use and media playback with these sort of cards. Obviously the huge benefit of going from an 8800GT to a card like the GT210 is that is uses way less power, and makes no noise.

Someone on adverts selling a 5450 for €15 euro here for example. That would be perfect too.

However you say you don't do 'much' gaming, if you're playing any sort of games at all you may as well go for something like this for €72 with free delivery. Great little card for the money. I wouldn't personally bother with a pre-owned card at that price point, as you wouldn't really get much extra performance actually and you have a full warranty with the new card as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

I had SLI setup GTX 8800's in an old system and had a similar problem with one of the cards myself. Eventually it stopped working entirely.

There does seem to be a history of problems with that particular chipset across various manufacturers. You'll find a lot of helpful results through google.

My solution, removed everything from the board and baked it in the oven for 5 minutes on high. A ghetto reflow if you will. Worked though and kept working.
    A heat gun would also do the job and without giving your card crispy edges :)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Ya was thinking of doing that, as it is I uninstalled driver reinstalled them then wouldn't work uninstalled drivers and deleted them its working now but its like being in safe mode. Might leave it for couple of days then put it in oven nothing to loose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement