Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android L Update - will my phone (/device) get the update.

Options
  • 09-08-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭

I have a Nexus 7 (2012) which probably won't get the update, and I have though for a while that kitkat would be last version for it.

I also have an Xperia Z1 which hopefully should get the update.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

corkie wrote: »

I have a Nexus 7 (2012) which probably won't get the update, and I have though for a while that kitkat would be last version for it.

I also have an Xperia Z1 which hopefully should get the update.

I thought the 2012 Nexus 7 was confirmed as getting it, there are developer previews for it. Maybe not, it's hardware doesn't support Art so maybe that's it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

2013 version is getting it. 2012 one isn't. Could try out a few themes from the play store. Also a few more options if your device is rooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

The 2012 model is getting Android L, google confirmed this a while back. It won't get the preview Android L though. A lot of tech review sites have also confirmed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

laoisfan wrote: »
    The 2012 model is getting Android L, google confirmed this a while back. It won't get the preview Android L though. A lot of tech review sites have also confirmed this.

Yes, I thought the same, but all these tech sites have now backtracked. I don't believe there ever was an official word from Google. The latest is that the hardware on the 2012 doesn't support ART so it's not getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Any of the more in tune Android heads got an idea when the OTA for the Nexus 5 will rear its head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Any of the more in tune Android heads got an idea when the OTA for the Nexus 5 will rear its head?

Id say early November

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭droidman123

Advertisement