Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

burberry trench, vat

• 09-08-2014 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can anybody help me please...... I am purchasing a burberry trench from the UK (its not available here) They can either post it to me directly at my home address or send it to their store in Dublin. As I live in Galway it would obviously suit me better having it sent to my home address the only thing I am worried about is if I will have to pay VAT? I know when I purchase items from the USA I often get hit for customs and VAT which can add up to a lot. I'm not sure if its the same from the UK? I obviously dont want to pay anymore than I already have so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You don't pay extra VAT/duty on any items sent within the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

galway40 wrote: »
    Can anybody help me please...... I am purchasing a burberry trench from the UK (its not available here) They can either post it to me directly at my home address or send it to their store in Dublin. As I live in Galway it would obviously suit me better having it sent to my home address the only thing I am worried about is if I will have to pay VAT? I know when I purchase items from the USA I often get hit for customs and VAT which can add up to a lot. I'm not sure if its the same from the UK? I obviously dont want to pay anymore than I already have so any help would be greatly appreciated!

They have a store in Dublin?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

You won't have to pay any tax or duty as the goods originate from inside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 galway40

Thats super, thanks so much. They just said they could send it to their store in Dublin? I'm assuming they ment Brown Thomas?

Advertisement