Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media/News websites

Options
  • 09-08-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

I somehow tend to default onto websites such as Independent.ie and the journal but am utterly tired of these as its mostly propaganda for vested interests and celeb rubbish..Anyone know of 'News' websites that are worth a look?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Definitely not the DailyMail.

Half the stories are total nonsense and the rest are all about celebrities.

Avoid at all costs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Dinosaur Controller

lufties wrote: »
    I somehow tend to default onto websites such as Independent.ie and the journal but am utterly tired of these as its mostly propaganda for vested interests and celeb rubbish..Anyone know of 'News' websites that are worth a look?

You forgot to mention that almost every moron in Ireland seems compelled to comment on Journal.ie 'stories'.

Nobody cares what you think. Read the article and f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Definitely not the DailyMail.

Half the stories are total nonsense and the rest are all about celebrities.

Avoid at all costs!

Ya I know that one alright, lots of nice eye candy but not much substance.

You forgot to mention that almost every moron in Ireland seems compelled to comment on Journal.ie 'stories'.

Nobody cares what you think. Read the article and f*ck off.

In fairness the comments are the best thing about that site, I don't even bother reading the articles anymore, straight to the comment section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

The Cavan Echo.

Wall to wall farmer clunge and all the tips and tricks on how to make your one euro stretch over the entire week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I get all my news from waterfordwhispersnews.com

Truthful, factual, and we'll edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

The Journal is a horrific site. It takes the outrage of the Daily Mail (with none of the entertainment) and mixes it with the biases of recent 'journo' graduates who think the latest BBQ restaurant in Outer Smithfield represents a nuanced perspective on Modern Ireland. It then allows the Plain People of Ireland to comment. Awful.

The Irish Times and the Telegraph are the last bastions of their respective belief systems. And even they are having to change.

lufties wrote: »
    Ya I know that one alright, lots of nice eye candy but not much substance.
    True, but that's what most people actually want to read, the serious (& often gloomy) real world stuff is just too hard to take in after a busy days work.

True, but that's what most people actually want to read, the serious (& often gloomy) real world stuff is just too hard to take in after a busy days work.

I agree

The Journal is a horrific site. It takes the outrage of the Daily Mail (with none of the entertainment) and mixes it with the biases of recent 'journo' graduates who think the latest BBQ restaurant in Outer Smithfield represents a nuanced perspective on Modern Ireland. It then allows the Plain People of Ireland to comment. Awful.

The Irish Times and the Telegraph are the last bastions of their respective belief systems. And even they are having to change.

Not much on the Irish times site but might give it a go, I hear the examiner is ok too. The journal makes me want to headbutt my computer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement