Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What battery do I need ? Help

Options
  • 09-08-2014 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope someone can help, I recently bought a TAG Heuer 1500 that was in need of a new battery
    Put in the same battery that came out of it, a renata 377
    And the battery is loose and holding it in place doesn't get the watch working
    So I think it's the wrong battery
    I'm not going to be wearing the watch in water so I'm not worried about the seal I just want it for everyday wear as cheap as possible
    I I'll add a picture of the movement hoping someone with knowledge of watches can let me know

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've had some quartz' in the past that wouldn't run until the back plate was secured back on to complete the circuit. Maybe that's the case here(though I doubt it TBH)? Don't rule out a dodgy battery either even if it's new. I've been caught out there myself. Are you certain the watch was working? Been caught out there too. Though only the once and years ago. Does where you bought it have a returns option?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I don't think it's a dodgy battery as it's not a tight fit, so I think it's the wrong battery, I have changed a few before and they normally fit in tight
    As for returning it, the price was low enough that I could even sell it for spares or repair and make money
    Just hoping someone might know what battery is for this movement

Advertisement