Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready to go operator in China

Options
  • 09-08-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

am off to China for a month is there anywhere I can get a Chinease ready to go sim with data for an iPhone 5s ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

China Unicom will give you a prepaid SIM that works on an iPhone 5S and includes data service (there mobile service is also sold under the brand "wo").
    Make sure you go to an official store and not a reseller (many shops with their logo just are resellers).

Note that data allowances are not very generous and on a prepaid card international calls and roaming are likely to be unavailable.
    Local calls and texts will be very cheap though.

Here are the plans: http://www.3gsolutions.com.cn/page/mthplan
    (even though it is prepaid, you need to commit to a monthly package to keep the line active)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Thanks Bob24
    Quick trip on Amazon and found this with 3gig of data for 35 gb perfect for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Good stuff!

I'm actually off to China myself at the end of the month and didn't think of buying the card online beforehand - will looking into this!

Advertisement