Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy Dulux paint in Dublin city center on a weekend?

Options
  • 09-08-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm looking for somewhere as central as possible to pick up a few tins of Dulux paint (and a few painting odds and ends) but I can't think of a single woodies, homebase etc in the city center - they all seem to be on the outskirts of Dublin and I don't have time to go out that far, and I'm not sure if smaller hardware/DIY places would (A) Be open, and (B) have a wide enough selection of paint that they'd definitely have it.

Anyone know of somewhere that stocks Dulux Warm White paint (Yeah it needs to be Dulux specifically... don't ask) that would be open on a Saturday or Sunday

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Try Decwells on Georges street

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameispaul

Borzoi wrote: »
    Try Decwells on Georges street

No look with Decwells unfortunately, they only supply fleetwood paint. Would probably do the job as well in any other circumstance, but it's gotta be Dulux.

Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭suds1984

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Sale on Dulux paint in Woodies at the moment, 40 euro for 5 litres of any of their ranges, saved a fair bit this morning myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

No look with Decwells unfortunately, they only supply fleetwood paint. Would probably do the job as well in any other circumstance, but it's gotta be Dulux.

Any other ideas?

MRCB on Thomas st maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Lenehan's on Capel Street sells Dulux and is open on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameispaul

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Lenehan's on Capel Street sells Dulux and is open on Saturdays.

I didn't see this in time, but if I had, it would've saved me about an hour of phoning around and a few wasted trips in the rain!

For future googlers, I ended up finding exactly what I needed in Lenehans on Capel Street (and really good service to boot!)

They also matched the sale in Woodies, so thanks for whoever mentioned that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

For future googlers, I ended up finding exactly what I needed in Lenehans on Capel Street (and really good service to boot!)

+1 on the service. They're incredibly helpful there.

Advertisement