Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Day Dances

Options
  • 08-08-2014 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi

First off if this is the wrong place to post this then the mods can move it.

I was just wondering if many people had any opinion on modern day Dances.

The nightclub scene seems to have pushed dances like country ones and the like out of the picture.
    Do Dances still exist and if so where and what are they like?

I mean dances as in going up to a girl and asking her to dance and people actually dancing with each other as regards to a nightclub when people go around chatting and making out etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Music nowadays is shite, im sure the dancing is too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

All you needs to do is shake it like a poloroid picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The Harlem Shake, Twerking, Gangham Style. Three pointlessly popular dances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I mean dances as in going up to a girl and asking her to dance and people actually dancing with each other as regards to a nightclub when people go around chatting and making out etc.

The day of the dance hall is dead, gone are the friday nights cycling 9 miles on the high neilly to the local dance hall and getting aroused if mary had a skirt showing her knees.
    Its all online now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

The day of the dance hall is dead, gone are the friday nights cycling 9 miles on the high neilly to the local dance hall and getting aroused if mary had a skirt showing her knees.
    Its all online now.

I always go to online nightclubs for a shnaky ride.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Every Friday night in Athlone. You have to ask the priest before you ask the girl though. Don't even dream of asking the girl unless you have a good head of stock. And don't dance with the tinker girl unless you're Bull McCabe, and if you are Bull McCabe, you'll be the boss of the whole world. G'wan Bull!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You f*ck snakes?

Reptile pervert!

You have the youth and the internet speed too no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Don't people just stand there taking selfies of each other ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Well if they're taking selfies of each other then they're doing it wrong. Dammit Ireland.

Stand where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Stand where?

Holding the camera on the dance floor doing a duck face off. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭maughantourig

Anytime i see people asking each other to dance, it goes something like:

Scene 6 in the Life Of Delinquents

[1 and 2 are almost finished their drinks. The alcohol is kicking in along with their temporary confidence boost]

1: *finishes pint/shot* 'Wanna dance?'
    2: 'Go on sure!'

[Cue several minutes of improvised dancing. Relatively indistinguishable from having a mild twitch/seizure]

1: 'Going to the jacks. Be right back'
    2: 'Grand'

Rinse and repeat.

End Scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

dances like country ones. like line dancing? jesus ****in wept. good riddance to that ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Silverman11

It's just I recently heard a girl saying that she went to Dances instead of nightclubs.

It's just I recently heard a girl saying that she went to Dances instead of nightclubs.

My aunt often reminisces of similar memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

What are you people on??

In response to the OP if you look at the entertainment section of the Sunday world you will see about 5 pages of adverts for social dances taking place all over the country - And they are as dear as any club - even more - And are jammed!!

The dances are the old style - waltz, jive, foxtrot - but from the minute they start to the moment they finish the floors are packed.

I ran a load of these dances and to be fair made some good money! you would pay anywhere from a tenner to 25 quid entry depending on the band and most of the places would be full, the smallest dance you would find would be about 70 people. up to whatever the venues hold 1000+

If you want anymore info pm me I can advise on the best nights and where to go!

Advertisement