Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Twitter on Galaxy S3

Options
  • 08-08-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hey,

Anyone out there who can help me with the problem below:

I have a Galaxy S3 which up until very recently has been running the Twitter App with no problems. Recently, the 'Home' screen on the app will not update for me. I have to go into the Application Manager in Settings and clear the data from Twitter each time I open up the app.

It is really annoying and makes the app pretty useless in my opinion.

Anyone had this problem or know how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

lang wrote: »
    Hey,

I have a Galaxy S3 which up until very recently has been running the Twitter App with no problems. Recently, the 'Home' screen on the app will not update for me. I have to go into the Application Manager in Settings and clear the data from Twitter each time I open up the app.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds basic, but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Another plan b option is to use a third party twitter client. Lots of good ones out there. Have a look at Talon.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

Yeah, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing a number of times but no look. (Forgot to mention that in the OP). I will have a look at another app which will do the same. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Talon is very nice, beautiful layout but the functionality is poor. You get notified of mentions an hour later. I used it for months before I realised I was not getting notified when someone favorited my tweet so I'm now back using the Twitter app which has much improved since I last used it but I'm now bored with it and am looking for a change again. I've been through them all, there are lots of very good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Talon is very nice, beautiful layout but the functionality is poor. You get notified of mentions an hour later. I used it for months before I realised I was not getting notified when someone favorited my tweet so I'm now back using the Twitter app which has much improved since I last used it but I'm now bored with it and am looking for a change again. I've been through them all, there are lots of very good ones.

Same, I went back to the official app too. Only really 2 things that I don't like. 1. It would be nice to not have to go to an external browser to open links. 2. They could have made switching between accounts easier. Otherwise, it's every bit as good as the 3rd party apps. Much improved over the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

lang wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks in advance.

I've an S3 and sometimes have a similar issue but no where near as bad. Sometimes the Home tab won't refresh. When it happens I refresh
    the Discover tab a couple of times and then the Home seems to refresh as well. It's annoying but very intermittent so no-where near as annoying as your issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement