Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best keyword tracking tool

Options
  • 08-08-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for advice on the best keyword tracking software. I've used a few in the past but found them to be inaccurate.

Software that can report on keywords in different geographic locations Google.ie vs google.co.uk.

An accurate position of your keyword/webpage on Google serps.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

i use advance web ranking - and find it accurate and reports geographic elements very well.

the only downside is that (because it so diligent) it can be a bit slow and pc consuming. Also if you doing a large amount of keywords and sites - google doesn't like it - too many queries from on i.p. - but thats the same for many applications.

In general - its v good, great for reporting as well

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

Serpfox is pretty decent + its cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

Hi Blue,

Thanks for the advice. Why would Google not like it and could Google penalise a website if you over use it, 200 keywords tracking on a 100 webpages , 1 website?
    blue4ever wrote: »
    i use advance web ranking - and find it accurate and reports geographic elements very well.

the only downside is that (because it so diligent) it can be a bit slow and pc consuming. Also if you doing a large amount of keywords and sites - google doesn't like it - too many queries from on i.p. - but thats the same for many applications.

In general - its v good, great for reporting as well

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

Use proxies and you won't get banned

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

Banned?
    Use proxies and you won't get banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Google doesnt like too many queries from the same ip address - looks like a bot of some sort - so it throws a captcha at you - thats all.

no your site wont be affected - you are drilling down search queries- capturing the results then analysing them on your own pc - google doesnt know which site you are fronting.

I think they have a 30 day trial - worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

onlineweb wrote: »
    Hi Blue,

Thanks for the advice. Why would Google not like it and could Google penalise a website if you over use it, 200 keywords tracking on a 100 webpages , 1 website?

Thats 20,000 queries! That will take forever! Trim that down a bit

Advertisement