Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posing in the gym: right or wrong

Options
  • 08-08-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Posing in the gym: right or wrong? (especially for people who want to be serious bodybuilders and not the 15 year olds who wanna look "swole")

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I don't care if you decide to go to the mirror and flex for Facebook(I'll still think you're a nob) but I don't care. Stripping down to your boxers and turning them into speedos is just weird IMO. Go to the changing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Blackpanther95

I don't care if you decide to go to the mirror and flex for Facebook(I'll still think you're a nob) but I don't care. Stripping down to your boxers and turning them into speedos is just weird IMO. Go to the changing room.

Lol flexing for facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mrty

Way wrong, if they wanna pose do it at home. I suppose it frees up machines though. :-)

mrty wrote: »
    Way wrong, if they wanna pose do it at home. I suppose it frees up machines though. :-)

Arnold said its best to pose while you still have a pump though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're not impinging on anyone else, knock yourself out. No one will/should care.

• Advertisement

If you're not impinging on anyone else, knock yourself out. No one will/should care.

But I can see how some skinnier guys would almost get offended. And women always think that you're doing it just for them. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

No one should give a ****, if your in the middle of a killer chest session and ypur chest is bursting out of your top and ya want a look then go for it! Nothing worse than judgemental people in the gym, we are all there for the same thing at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

It's ok for Arnold to pose, he earned it, but not the rest of us. Keep your abs under your t-shirt, shut up, workout and go home and show your wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

But I can see how some skinnier guys would almost get offended. And women always think that you're doing it just for them. Very annoying.

If you're training for bodybuilding, it's part of your training. I don't see why it's a problem if you're not getting in the way of anyone else's workout.

But you're getting annoyed by how you think it will be perceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,202 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Would bodybuilders not require specific posing practice - i.e. one session a week would be posing technique?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I suppose if you're a body builder is a major part of what you do. Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Go to the changing room.

No, please stay out of there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

No, please stay out of there too...

The car park.

Advertisement