Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Gin!

Options
  • 08-08-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Everyone!

I'm a gin drinker and have been recently introduced to Bombay Sapphire! Is it just me or does anyone else think that being charged €6.50 in a pub for a 35ml measure in the North/West of Ireland is a bit much???? How much does it cost elsewhere? Am I being very naive or is that not similar to city slicker prices?

MB

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

€3.80 for Bombay + €2.40 tonic would be the price in my local in Donegal so that's not far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,375 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Many pubs are weird about spirit prices, in some they suddenly seem to call it premium and charge a fortune. Skyy vodka costs a little more than most bog standard vodkas in supermarkets, but I have seen pubs charge for it on a par with Grey Goose.

Bombabay sapphire is €29.99 in tesco for a standard 700ml bottle. €1.52 per measure.

€6.50 per measure works out at €128.17 per bottle.

Using this command in google will get some Irish sites with menus

"Bombay Sapphire" 35.5ml site:.ie

galway raddison hotel - Bombay Sapphire 35.5ml. €4.60
    a drogheda hotel -BOMBAY SAPPHIRE €4.55
    Marco pierre white restaurant -Bombay Sapphire / €5.25 (5.95 for a 330ml bottle of corona/bulmers/coors light too, so a dear place)
    crowne plaza hotel -Bombay Sapphire 5.00

So yeah, it is a bit much! unless it was including a tonic.

Advertisement