Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancelling Car Insurance

Options
  • 08-08-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys

My policy is up this month but I'm emigrating in November and I don't want to be paying for insurance when I wont be using my car for the majority of the year. If I cancel my policy just before I go, do I get some of my money back?

Or is there a company that provides temporary cover for 3 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You will get a refund if you cancel after 4-5 months alright. It doesnt necessarily equate to an exact percentage of the money paid (ie if you cancel after 6 months you wont get 50% back), but you should get something back. Maybe run it by the insurer when you renew and see what they say.

Short term insurance doesnt exist in Ireland (to the best of my knowledge anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bambgirl92

Tried ringing them and they wouldn't answer >:( When they're looking for money they have no problem ringing you

Advertisement