Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia Z2 - Bundled headphones

Options
  • 08-08-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

My wife got a Z2 earlier this week and the headphones that came bundled with it are the noise-cancelling MDR-NC31EM.

We cannot figure out how to answer a call with these headphones and I'm becoming convinced that perhaps they're just regular headphones, which strikes me as a very odd move... Surely the whole idea of bundling headphones with a phone is so that you can use them to make/receive calls and control your music player?

Has anyone else got a Z2 and if so what are your thoughts on the headphones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I have a Z1 and you might need the "sony smart connect" app for things to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When a call comes in you can use your MDR-NC31EM to enjoy the call. Your hands are free and you have excellent call audio.

Should work with calls. She isnt perhaps using a case that might keep the jack from sitting the whole way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

No case, coming on Monday hopefully! Jack is definitely in the whole way.

I had an Xperia T for a while and the bundled headphones had a button/mic housing on the cable for the left earpiece, however with these headphones there are no buttons, nor is there a mic that I can see... Which means having to use the phone to answer the call, contrary to the quote (presumably from the Sony website).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They are hands free in the sense that the microphone for the noise cancelling is used to pick up your voice when you receive/make a call.
    The point I think the OP was trying to make is, if I have the phone in my pocket, how do I pick up a phone call without taking the phone out of my pocket, most other bundled headsets come with a button on the wire to press. Answer is, you can't, there is no button. You have to use either the smart watch or the smart band, each sold separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

She got the smart band too. Don't think she's tried picking up calls using it, but will give it a go later. It's a bit flakey on other fronts. Measurements are a bit off, logging her having been cycling when she's walking and a couple of times logging her as driving when walking (and she doesn't walk THAT fast!!!).

Seems daft, but there you go. Sound from the headset when listening to music is excellent though, so can't complain on that front... May resort to her using the headset that came with my xperia T instead to avail of telephony....

• Advertisement
Advertisement