Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Options
  • 08-08-2014 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Anyone know much about this phone which is apparently being launched next Wednesday?
    It is rumoured to be a premium 4.7" version of the Galaxy S5 that will be in direct competition with the iPhone 6? And is thought to sit in between the Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S5 mini range and improve on the phone's build quality with a brushed-metal finish.

galaxy-alpha-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No pricing confirmed yet but the biggest change is the metal cover;
    Alpha is an ultra-thin (6.7mm) Android phone with a 4.7-inch 720p display, 12-megapixel camera, a fairly small 1,860mAh battery, and (depending on your region) a quad- or octa-core processor. It will be available in September

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/13/5997769/samsung-galaxy-alpha-release-date-pictures-video

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm honestly so horribly underwhelmed by this phone it's almost depressing.

I was really really hoping for Samsung to pull it out of the bag on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm honestly so horribly underwhelmed by this phone it's almost depressing.

I was really really hoping for Samsung to pull it out of the bag on this one.

Bit of a let down tbh. Maybe the pricing will reflect that but I would doubt it.

Will be interesting to see what the note 4 brings.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

christ. are samsung really going down the apple route now. thats not a good phone at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I get to see this in the flesh next week, just got an invite to the Galaxy Alpha launch event so will be interested to see how it stacks up against my daily driver ( iphone 5s) battery for me was a let down in the specs being 1800mha - would have thought it would have stuck with the 2890mha in the S5 to really knock it out of the park.

will post a few thoughts and photo on Friday 19th...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Saw one of these in CPW earlier, it's a definite step up from other Samsung products in the hand. Feels premium, the plastic back is solid and nice to the touch but definitely could be a little better. Screen is crisp and clear, motored along quite nicely. Touchwiz seemed to be a little less cartoony.

The problem is the price - €549 on Vodafone pre-pay. That pretty much puts it up there with the S5/M8/Note 4.

Advertisement