Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm due to become an Aunty

Options
  • 08-08-2014 1:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭

I'm due to become an Aunty very soon from a sibling who emigrated to Australia and settled there. I am delighted.

While wandering around tk max the other day, I browsed the baby section and I found a nice outfit that I think would be suitable as a gift. A light weight t-shirt with matching leggings and matching light weight blanket. All fancy and a beautiful colour too. Am hoping to put other bits with it too like a teddy.

I brought it home and was very happy with it but all my mother did was critise it. Everything about it. The size (it's for 0-3 months) and everything else.

My mother is telling me I should be considering grobags for a gift. Grobags are sleeping bags for babies that come various tog weight. Even the lightest I think may be too much for the australian climate.

I have a friend who had a baby some months ago and she ranted at me one day about oldie neighbours coming to visit with gifts of clothing, clothes months too big in size.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Are you related to greyfox?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Are you related to greyfox?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

You're grand. Most people buy pressies for babies for when the sprog is a bit older so the new parents end up with not a whole lot for earlier.
    And tell your ma "feck off"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Seriously OP :confused:

You came to After Hours with this. :(

Try here to get some less than frigged up replies to your query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I have a friend who had a baby some months ago and she ranted at me one day about oldie neighbours coming to visit with gifts of clothing, clothes months too big in size.

Isn't the whole whole point of that that big babies sometimes don't fit into 0-3 months clothes? They'd fit them anyway later on if that isn't the case.

She sounds like a bit of a b*tch complaining that neighbours came around giving her gifts that she wasn't happy with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

What's with all these shiote threads in AH of late ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fingers!

UrbanBaby
    Hi there! Can I help you with any of our products or services?

Client
    erm
    yes
    hello

UrbanBaby
    hello!

Client
    Is it too warm there for a Grobag?
    w w w .boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91629247

UrbanBaby
    no it is winter
    what city to be used in? and how old is baby

Client
    baby isn't born yet
    city is unknown
    just wondering if too warm for one in Oz
    do you sell them?

UrbanBaby
    no - we sell from 0.5 tog to 3.5 tog
    yes we sell - ergo is our top brand in Australia

Client
    expensive?

UrbanBaby
    let me show you our top sellers
    w w w .urbanbaby…UrbanBaby/Categories/BRAN/ERGO

Client
    Will OPs Mammy like it? :D

UrbanBaby
    yes they will!

There you go. Look up UrbanBaby.com.au

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Start a blog OP, not a thread.

Seriously, I expected more from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

I'm due to become an Aunty very soon from a sibling who emigrated to Australia and settled there. I am delighted.

While wandering around tk max the other day, I browsed the baby section and I found a nice outfit that I think would be suitable as a gift. A light weight t-shirt with matching leggings and matching light weight blanket. All fancy and a beautiful colour too. Am hoping to put other bits with it too like a teddy.

I brought it home and was very happy with it but all my mother did was critise it. Everything about it. The size (it's for 0-3 months) and everything else.

My mother is telling me I should be considering grobags for a gift. Grobags are sleeping bags for babies that come various tog weight. Even the lightest I think may be too much for the australian climate.

Congrats! I became an Uncle a while ago! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Well screw you, Lucifer. I'll have you know that I, yes I, have become a very proud God Father recently. Obviously just saying this on my nauseating facebook page is not quite sufficient, so I felt it was necessary to post this on a public and anonymous forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Am I in the parenting forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

KungPao wrote: »
    Well screw you, Lucifer. I'll have you know that I, yes I, have become a very proud God Father recently. Obviously just saying this on my nauseating facebook page is not quite sufficient, so I felt it was necessary to post this on a public and anonymous forum.

Go start a thread about it so

Am I in the parenting forum?

One could be forgiven for thinking it. All we need now is a music thread.

There's a few?

Maybe its an indication of an upturn in people logging on here for the first time and letting off steam annonomously before they do things.

There are some who feel they have nothing left to contribute.

Some of us in After Hours have seen them all come and go over the years and we can be cheeky with it. (Me more than most).

But for anyone who logs onto boards for the first time and feeling vulnerable in any way - Please don't.

Give as good as you get.

We pull the living piss out of each other, tear each other apart, and threaten all sorts of yuk to one another.

But in truth - We're a good bunch.

I write this with tears in my own eyes as a friend of mine took his own life yesterday.

He did it his way and I can take that.

I Dunno

Sorry.

Just be wary of AH OP

Lapin wrote: »
    There's a few?
    I Dunno

I get all musical reading your posts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Go start a thread about it so
    I wouldn't bore people with such blandness. I was just being sarcastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Your mother sounds like a bit of a shrew/cnut/whatever, OP. If you are still single ........ go out and get pregnant - just to show her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

There's a few?

Maybe its an indication of an upturn in people logging on here for the first time and letting off steam annonomously before they do things.

Some of us in After Hours have seen them all come and go over the years and we can be cheeky with it. (Me more than most).

But for anyone who logs onto boards for the first time and feeling vulnerable in any way - Please don't.

Give as good as you get.

We pull the living piss out of each other, tear each other apart, and threaten all sorts of yuk to one another.

I write this with tears in my own eyes as a friend of mine took his own life yesterday.

I Dunno

Sorry.

Just be wary of AH OP

Is that a serious post or an examle of what the OP should be wary of? I hate to have to ask, and do apologise if it is serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

One could be forgiven for thinking it. All we need now is a music thread.

I f*cking lost it after reading that. :pac:

Your gift sounds really nice. Maybe your mum is in bad form for some reason so dont take her criticism to heart.
    I am a mum of a young child myself and would be delighted with that as a baby gift. Im sure most new mums would be. Someone else in the family could provide the babygrobag instead! I associate grobags with tomatos so the name is making me giggle! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

In you're situation I'd send your (very thoughtful) present and start a savings fund for the kid. A few quid every now and again shouldn't break the bank and in 18 years your niece/nephew will have a a nice nest egg to go to college, do some travelling or whatever takes their fancy..
    You'll definitely be the cool aunt for that and let's face it, that's priceless...

Is that a serious post or an examle of what the OP should be wary of? I hate to have to ask, and do apologise if it is serious.

Perhaps posted in the wrong thread.

Don't want to introduce crap like - 'not thinking straight' etc.......

But the post was serious.

I f*cking lost it after reading that. :pac:

Is the car ok? you shouldnt be driving and boarding.

Perhaps posted in the wrong thread.

Don't want to introduce crap like - 'not thinking straight' etc.......

But the post was serious.

Right, ok, this is weird, are you alright? If that was serious then I expect you aren't thinking straight at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

There's a few?

Give as good as you get.

I Dunno

Sorry.

Just be wary of AH OP

I'm sorry to hear that.

Firstly congrats.

Its better too big than too small. More often than not children grow. They dont shrink ;) It would be a bigger waste if they were getting the children clothes that they barely get wear out of.

I dont think the growbags are practical given the Aussie climate. Id go with the clothes but perhaps get them with the future in mind. The sizes listed are always too small for the child listed so always best to get them a little bigger.

Right, ok, this is weird, are you alright? If that was serious then I expect you aren't thinking straight at the moment. :(

I'm ok.
    Had better days.

Genuinely thought I posted in a different thread earlier.
    Really wouldn't be my style to open one here.

Tried looking for initial thread - No sign of it so feck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I'm about to become a lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

That's going to cost you.
    Congratulations anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Adamantium wrote: »
    I'm about to become a lemon.

Yellow belly. . .:o

Advertisement