Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pubs in Dublin to pick up women?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Myself and two lads (late 30s) from the sticks,in Dublin for the weekend,any tips where we might get lucky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

coppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

The George

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Myself and two lads (late 30s) from the sticks,in Dublin for the weekend,any tips where we might get lucky?

Pop up some pics. That way, your chances of success can be properly evaluated/mocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

West pier in dun laoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

What do you plan on doing with these women once you've picked them up? Perhaps sling them over your shoulder while beating your manly chest.:P

Coppers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Don't ever bother dude, just have a night in with your mate and watch the naughty channels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

You are both late 30's so go to barrys hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Molly Heffernans in Tallaght. Getting fired into is almost guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

You won't. Can smell the desperation off ya from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

If they're good looking sound guys, being desperate won't make a blind bit of difference, it's an exhausted myth that it would.

If anything, it might help as they will be more likely to approach women and chat to them.

If they're neither good looking nor sound, then that's why they won't be getting 'lucky'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Ah here. This thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

What do you plan on doing with these women once you've picked them up? Perhaps sling them over your shoulder while beating your manly chest.:P

Coppers

Holding them until they get tired then putting them down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

By the way paying close attention to what pubs to avoid in this thread!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

If you have the classic bogger look and accent your best bet is probably going to Temple Bar and looking for Yankee women (and to a lesser extent English birds.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The busy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

If they're good looking sound guys, being desperate won't make a blind bit of difference, it's an exhausted myth that it would.

If anything, it might help as they will be more likely to approach women and chat to them.

If they're neither good looking nor sound, then that's why they won't be getting 'lucky'.

Well if he's posting a thread on here asking where to pick up women he's hardly a lothario. Otherwise he'd just go to any bar instead of looking for a hookup joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,324 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There is a pub I know that without fail you will be guaranteed to score a horny American girl. I'm not going to post here but will. Pm you it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

wazky wrote: »
    The George

+1. Wall to wall gowl so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Full of clunge is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭NightOfTheHunt

Do a mini pub crawl, The Front Lounge is a good place to start, then (as has been mentioned already) continue onto The George which is only a few minutes walk from Front Lounge, then finish your night off in the Dragon Bar (only a few doors up from the George). Check out The Boiler House too if you have time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harrison fraud

Do a mini pub crawl, The Front Lounge is a good place to start, then (as has been mentioned already) continue onto The George which is only a few minutes walk from Front Lounge, then finish your night off in the Dragon Bar (only a few doors up from the George). Check out The Boiler House too if you have time.

Thanks i think we will try that..sounds like a great idea

We like a good pub crawl :)

You're welcome :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What? Calling me fat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

fullstop wrote: »
    Well if he's posting a thread on here asking where to pick up women he's hardly a lothario. Otherwise he'd just go to any bar instead of looking for a hookup joint.

I think you need to re-read my post. I never said that he, or his friends, were not 'desperate'. What I said was, that if they don't get 'lucky' - it will have little or nothing to do whether they are 'desperate' or not, it will be for other reasons and sure, those reasons may very well make them feel "desperate", but the desperation in of itself won't (and never would) be the reason for them not getting 'lucky'. Tis a myth, no matter how many times it is regurgitated and no matter who regurgitates it.

Do you bake a light sponge cake and prefer your spinach wilted?

I think you need to re-read my post. I never said that he, or his friends, were not 'desperate'. What I said was, that if they don't get 'lucky' - it will have little or nothing to do whether they are 'desperate' or not, it will be for other reasons and sure, those reasons may very well make them feel "desperate", but the desperation in of itself won't (and never would) be the reason for them not getting 'lucky'. Tis a myth, no matter how many times it is regurgitated and no matter who regurgitates it.

I think with the pub/club recommendations made already in this thread, the OP is certain to get lucky and has nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harrison fraud

Do you bake a light sponge cake and prefer your spinach wilted?

:confused:

Never mind, enjoy your night in the above mentioned bars

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any pub if yer a goodlooking feller.

• Advertisement
Advertisement