Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement for s3 mini?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Could anyone suggest a comparable replacement for an s3 mini?

I was very happy with the phone but damaged it so have to replace.

I liked that the phone is slim and fits in my pocket so hope to get something similarly slim that isn't too bulky. (One of the lads has a vodafone smart 3 (or 4) mini and its much bulkier than the samsung)

Happy enough with the 4 inch screen.

Looking for something with at least a good a screen as the super amoled.

I could just get another s3 mini but presume the world has moved on ?

So - slim phone with top quality screen and around 4 inch screen, any ideas?

In terms of budget a new s3 mini is €149 so know I can get something I am happy with for that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

There's the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, and also the S5 Mini. The S5 mini would be more expensive though, since it's much newer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The default answer is the Moto G. Not Amoled but they reckon it punches above its weight in terms of the screen. I've not used it myself. HTC One Mini 2, or Xperia Z1 Compact, as also alternatives.

Only issue with S3 Mini is that it might not get many more updates. I note O2 are selling a very minor update the S3 Mini VE. I not found O2 to be great for updates myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,447 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Moto G hands down is the best bang for buck device you can get. For a device that cost 1/3rd the cost of my Nexus 5, there is barely any discernible difference in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

You could keep your eyes on the one plus one ... it may be out of your price range but the spec is very good www.oneplus.net/one

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Thanks guys - the oneplusone with 5.5 screen is probably a bit big for my needs

The HTC One Mini 2 looks great but its at €349.99 on vodafone so is too far over budget.

The Moto G (3g) is over on the bargain alerts at £102.50 sterling (so around €128.50 plus around €2 unlock code)

Or the S3 mini is at €149.99

Which of these two would be the best? Or am I missing others?

• Advertisement
Advertisement