Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G versus 4G

Options
  • 07-08-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

my wife is changing her mobile phone tariff as her contract with Meteor is up. Through work she is getting a great plan but the phones on offer are generally low cost 3G smart phones. She can get an ok tariff with Meteor but the phones are very good and 4G.

Should 3G versus 4G be a deal breaker.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you use a lot of data, and you are regularly near 4G sites then it is an advantage and if I was selecting a phone I would want 4G for future proofing, but if she finds the data ok currently then it may not be necessary, especially at meteors prices

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

She is getting a great plan through work with O2 and the Meteor plan isn't as good but its the opposite with the phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

yeah really looks like that Pat

Advertisement