Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you be able to cope

Options
  • 07-08-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Have a friend with a serious neurological illness and it never fails to amaze me how she copes with it. She raised 3 kids who are now teenagers. She never complain's and always puts the needs of others before herself She never has a bad word to say about anybody although there are a few close family members who dont bother their arse even calling to see her and I know for a fact this lady helped one of these people big time when they were in need. She is always in good form and you could call on her any time and she would make you feel welcome. Her husband is the complete oppisite never stops complaining about everything and anything. How can he be like this when he sees what his wife cope with day in day out. She says she has no choice but get on with her life the best way she knows how

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hard to answer when we don't know what the illness is. There are a lot of different neurological disorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

MadYaker wrote: »
    Hard to answer when we don't know what the illness is. There are a lot of different neurological disorders.

Don't think it would really make a difference what the condition is. It is just the way she copes with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

No, I wouldn't cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

In fairness, most Mammies cope with whatever hand is dealt them

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Being a mammy gives you strength you didn't even know you had!

She sounds like a good woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Being a mammy gives you strength you didn't even know you had!

She sounds like a good woman.

The best and strongest woman I ever knew she has gone through times when she couldn't speak and other times when she couldn't move

Advertisement