Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use Western Union Money transfer in an post?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I am in the process of searching for Electric picnic tickets and finally came across someone selling 2 on adverts.ie for €400 (just in my price range). Anyway he asked could I pay through Western Union money transfer. (doesn't want to give bank details for bank transfer and doesn't own a Paypal). The thing I'm worried about is if I send the money and I end up getting fake tickets or no tickets at all is there anything I can do once its sent out through western union?
    Don't have a lot of money so if this deal goes sour I have no hope getting a ticket, but if the offer is legit and I miss out then may not be able to get a ticket at all!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Is there anything I can do once its sent out through western union?
    Nothing, that's why there's so many warnings about using Western Union.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

STOP!

Check your personal messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Western Union is fine to use between friends, relations etc. but forget it for business type transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bayraymooney

Yep! well I feel like a fool! friend of mine pointed it out as soon as I posted this! thanks everyone.

I cannot pm you your boards box is full. Go to adverts and check messages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 bayraymooney

I cannot pm you your boards box is full. Go to adverts and check messages

cleared inbox, will check now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is nothing you can do with bank details except put money in his account. So I would be highly suspicious at this point.

I would hold out on buying them, I expect more will be released to combat touting. You might be able to search old threads to see if they have a history of releasing more.

Also keep an eye on www.toutless.com, load of wanted ones up though.

Tickets are always risky, if bought online they can say they never came and get duplicates sent out, yours will be detected as stolen when the bouncer scans it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Paris Hong

Paypal is a good way to pay for the order if you want to deal with strangers. Why not ask your friend to pay for it if your friend have a PayPal account.

Paris Hong wrote: »
    Paypal is a good way to pay for the order if you want to deal with strangers. Why not ask your friend to pay for it if your friend have a PayPal account.

Not really! If you get refused entry as tickets are dodgy, you have to claim within 45 days of the purchase - not always possible. Also terms and conditions say the purchase must be once and a whole payment. This excludes paying a deposit and then more later.

Check the terms and conditions carefully !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Paris Hong

Not really! If you get refused entry as tickets are dodgy, you have to claim within 45 days of the purchase - not always possible. Also terms and conditions say the purchase must be once and a whole payment. This excludes paying a deposit and then more later.

Check the terms and conditions carefully !

Yes, the payment trought PayPal can be charged back within 45 days if you don't satisfy the deal. But, Western Union cann't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

fcc157e41d91b10a6b456adcd046340bffdd7131ee7736b50f8b0be9aef228b4.jpg

Advertisement