Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cluck noise Toyota avensis 98

Options
  • 07-08-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I took my new old car to be checked, there was a clunk noise on the passenger side of the car. In the garage they change the ball bearing and this did not fix the issue at all. I feel a bit ripped off. The noise is more pronounced when driving at low RPM such as 2nd gear, is there when driving at higher speeds but not as noticeable. At the moment can't afford an expensive service, and they wanted to try a new drive shaft to see if that fixed the issue, but I'm staying away from that garage for the moment. Any ideas of what could cause this type of noise?
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mphalo1

yes it could cause it if you get a whole new drive shaft they will be ruling out a lot In one foul swoop so yes go for it , my educated guess is its the inner CV joint ( its all part of the drive shaft) hope this helps ps they didn't rip you off all them components give similar symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

OP do not do this. This is the garage saying there is a problem there lets replace everything and give you a bill.

Go to a mechanic who is not a clown and have him find the piece that is broken and replace that and only that.

Where are you based and someone here might suggest someone to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mphalo1

did you get it sorted

Advertisement