Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payslip explained

Options
  • 07-08-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My salary per month is 1956. The gross pay after pre tax deduction is 1898.

Employee PRSI- 78
    USC - 39
    Pre tax deduction- 58

Net pay-1779.

Annual Cut -ff- 32,800
    Annual tax credit - 3300

But under tax section in my payslip, it says- 0

Why so? Could someone please explain it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Did you just start a new job after a break in employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 boxy_80

Yes. I started working here in May 2014. Before this, I worked last from June- Dec 2012.

Your tax credits and cut off have accumulated from the start of the year, so in May you had 5 months' worth of tax credits built up. This means that you won't have a few months before you have any tax to pay. I can do a proper calculation for you tomorrow to see if/when you'll have to pay any before the end of the year, just about to leave work now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 boxy_80

Your tax credits and cut off have accumulated from the start of the year, so in May you had 5 months' worth of tax credits built up. This means that you won't have a few months before you have any tax to pay. I can do a proper calculation for you tomorrow to see if/when you'll have to pay any before the end of the year, just about to leave work now!

That would be great. If you can do it for me. Thanks. Could you let me know my salary once I run out of the credits.

Ok so you have enough PAYE credits and cut-off built up to cover the rest of the year, so you won't be paying any PAYE.

Your USC looks like it will increase by about €18 this month, and then by a further €4 next month and will remain the same for the rest of the year.

My calculations for eePRSI are a few euro lower than your one for some reason, but your net pay for August by my calculation should be €1766, and then €1762 from September onwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement