Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you work with your partner

Options
  • 06-08-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

New team moved to my floor today

There is a guy who is a manager over a team including his wife..they arrive in same car..take lunch together and all that jazz

Dunno if i could handle that

Could you? I know some work closely with palm and her sisters....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Family business - comes with wife, kids, the whole nine yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

100000000% not. I'd go nuts having to see him all day everyday. I need my space from all people in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Nope. Just nope.
    Working with her and then driving home with herself and having dinner and sleeping and doing it all over again?
    As much as I love her I couldn't spend 24/7 with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Yes! You could sneak off for some sexy sex with the missus!

But really, no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,212 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I know a guy who works with his wife...in his own home - with 3 kids!

He's converted his atricky but still, THAT is some mad sh*t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Really ain't impossible he's the boss there and she is at home it balances out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Been there, done that. It didn't work.
    We commuted together, lunched together, sat opposite each other. Became too much that when we went we had nothing to talk about as we shared it all during the day.

It wasn't healthy at all :( it would be different if you were in the same company but on different floors perhaps.

In hindsight, maybe one of us should have left for the sake of our relationship but we both loved our job.

Advertisement