Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatherview Court Student Accommodation next to nightclub?

Options
  • 06-08-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm after placing a deposit for Heatherview Court, as I'm 90% sure that I'll be attending AIT in September. However, I've only noticed now that there's a nightclub right outside the gates of the complex. It's called Genesis. To be honest, it looks as if it's shut down, but I want to know for certain if it is or not. I don't want to be listening to music at 2am, when I'm trying to sleep the night before an exam or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

To the best of my knowledge Genesis is in operation. I've been on work placement since Janurary outside of Athlone but as far as I know they only shut down over the summer period and their Facebook page was fairly active up until the end of term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Morrigan Dubh

To the best of my knowledge Genesis is in operation. I've been on work placement since Janurary outside of Athlone but as far as I know they only shut down over the summer period and their Facebook page was fairly active up until the end of term.

Damn... Okay, so anyone staying or know of someone staying in Heatherview who found it noisy during the nights the club is open?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

The club isn't open as much as it used to be.

Whether or not your hear it when it is on depends on which block you are in, which room and what way the wind is blowing!

First block on the left witht he windows facing the carpark and the block on the right with the windows facing the club you generally hear some of it! Normally not enough to keep you up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

The club isn't open as much as it used to be.

Whether or not your hear it when it is on depends on which block you are in, which room and what way the wind is blowing!

First block on the left witht he windows facing the carpark and the block on the right with the windows facing the club you generally hear some of it! Normally not enough to keep you up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Yeah the club is only open one or two nights a week as far as I know. Monday is definitely one of the days. Like I said however, not been in Athlone since December so not aware if it's changed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement