Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Ultimate AL SLX/Rose Xeon RS feedback

Options
  • 06-08-2014 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just about to push the button on a Canyon Ultimate AL SLX frameset when I had a quick look around and found a worrying number of threads about cracking on that particular frame. It gets particularly good reviews and I thought I had chosen it over a Rose Xeon RS frameset but I'm a bit worried now. Has anyone any personal feedback on the Canyon frame (or the Rose Xeon RS one for that matter)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

There's no issue with the Aluminium SLX model that I can see. The new Carbon SLX is a cause for concern with the seatpost cracking. Seems that lighter-thinner carbon lay up combined with the flexier version 2.0 VCLS seatpost putting more pressure on that area.

Advertisement