Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Music player app

Options
  • 06-08-2014 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering what apps do you guys use for your music player? I am talking about apps that play music stored on the memory card, not streaming services like Spotify. Getting a new S5 tomorrow so looking for some suggestions. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering what apps do you guys use for your music player? I am talking about apps that play music stored on the memory card, not streaming services like Spotify. Getting a new S5 tomorrow so looking for some suggestions. Thanks!!

Rocket player is good used to use win amp before that was good to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I just use Google Play Music and pin albums to the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

+1 for google music and the pin. amazing stuff. 20000 songs storage too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Is Google Music free? Does it have album artwork?

yep you can just keep the free version, it does ask for your cc though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Is Google Music free? Does it have album artwork?

It uses your own artwork so make sure you have decent quality before you upload. From my experience Windows media player saves very poor quality low res artwork which will look crap in Google music

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Neutron . Best ever.....

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Been using PlayerPro for years, paid for the Pro version.
    Also use Play Music some times for its playlists/feeling lucky features.

http://www.androidauthority.com/best-music-player-apps-for-android-208990/

Thanks guys! Any other app suggestions in general would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Thanks guys! Any other app suggestions in general would be much appreciated!

I use Google music now, but for a good year or so I used a player called Shuttle, and I thought it was just about the best out there at the time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=another.music.player

If I was not interested in streaming or downloading from my Google account and I only wanted to play music stored locally, I'd definitely be going back to Shuttle as my first choice.

• Advertisement

What do people think of PowerAmp?

isnt it expensive?

daytob wrote: »
    isnt it expensive?

99c!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm in the same boat, looking for a player that will play tracks stored on the phone and to have the main, if not only, emphasis on this. I've been a winamp man for at least 15 years on the PC and naturally chose winamp as my music app for the phone, but the app isn't really kept up to date and I'm not sure if it's the app, or something else conflicting, but it can stop playing music randomly at times and a few other nags about it. Would be nice to get a dedicated music app that's more concentrated on giving a great music listening experience from the music you have rather than all the bells and whistles you can see in other apps.

Google music should play all music stored on your phone. just in the file explorer select a track that is a music track and open always with google music

Advertisement