Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Closed

Options
  • 06-08-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Good afternoon,

I was just looking for a resolution to the closure of the following thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057263128

It was closed because of being a "referral" bargain alert.

I have gone through the charter however and this is definitely not a referral .

A referral bargain alert is where you have a code and get rewards for many people signing up to use it. This is not the case at all with this thread. It is linking to a new currency like bitcoin that has been launched . At the beginning of the launch and to grow the currency quickly and fairly about $10 is given away for free to people. This allows it to quickly compete with Bitcoin and the amount given for free will drop quickly aswell until none is given.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/stripe-stellar-cryptocurrency-1604232-Aug2014/

The last step in getting a small part about 20c is to send 100 stellars to either a charity or another member. Please note this only works once and doesn't work if a member receives it twice. Every person that gives money once to the person above them in the thread gets that 20c. It only works as I said once and can be given to charity or anyone else . If the thread is to be shut down for the huge amount of traffic to it fair enough but I don't believe it should be shut down for breaking any referral rules.

http://www.zonua.ie/articles/what-is-stellar-and-how-to-get-free-money.php

If you sign up yourself and have a look you'll clearly see it's not a referral.

Much appreciated if you could have a look at this

Kind Regards

power101
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Any update ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do the mods in question even know you've started a Helpdesk thread?

I had already Pm'd the mod who closed the thread. He didn't respond to my last message 2 days ago explaining how it was not a referral link.

Is there a better place for this thread? It's been 5 days since I posted my query...

• Advertisement

You didn't answer my earlier question, do the mods and catmods even know there's a Helpdesk thread open?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

power101 wrote: »
    Is there a better place for this thread? It's been 5 days since I posted my query...

I wasn't aware of this thread till now.

Referrals come in many different types, we shouldn't have to explain every different way in the charter, it would be over complicating things. Its up to the mods discretion.

You said in your first post for anyone to use your code and pass long the free money train. We dont allow these threads as it leads to issues when people dont pass on to the next in line, or at all etc. This has happened in the past, and it happened in this thread also. You wouldn't be aware of issues and reported posts from the thread.

Golden rule of bargain alerts is anything posted is not for personal gain, its in the first post of the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I am in agreement with Davy here. In my opinion, it was quite clearly a referral link and it was leading to contention between posters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement