Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete stain for Patios

Options
  • 06-08-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

So I am looking to lay some concrete in the garden, stain it and
    then lay a mosaic pattern, cut along the lines of the pattern and stain the individual pieces various colors , then grout the joints so that it looks like well laid slabs of a unique pattern.

I am looking for concrete stain that can be applied after the concrete is set. but cannot find any in Ireland
    Has anyone ever come across where I might be able to get some, preferably small quantities of various colours

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I only know of the stains that are added to the concrete mix and colour the whole batch. Available in builder's providers in a good range of colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭mufflets2

Yes I know about those , they wont do my job.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Safehands

mufflets2 wrote: »
    So I am looking to lay some concrete in the garden, stain it and
    then lay a mosaic pattern, cut along the lines of the pattern and stain the individual pieces various colors , then grout the joints so that it looks like well laid slabs of a unique pattern.

I am looking for concrete stain that can be applied after the concrete is set. but cannot find any in Ireland
    Has anyone ever come across where I might be able to get some, preferably small quantities of various colours Many thanks

Yes, they come in about 8 colours, not all suitable for outdoor use. Charcoal, pine, mahogany, greens and a couple of others. Different results with different concretes. They can look great if done properly. Not the cheapest, but worth it, in my opinion.

Advertisement