Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Management Balbriggan

Options
  • 06-08-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I was wondering what property management agents anyone could recommend in the Balbriggan area. We are not happy with the agent that we have at the minute and are thinking of getting a new one. I have googled it but haven't found much!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bumpitybump

Hi Scanno,

Check out Carvin Property Management: carvinproperty.ie
    Highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Scanno

Thanks for your advice, will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

Are you with MacFar by any chance? We are finding them to be worse than awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

My brother uses these for a rental he has in Rush, seems happy with them.

http://www.eliterentalandmanagementagents.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Duzzer

SmallBalls wrote: »
    My brother uses these for a rental he has in Rush, seems happy with them.

http://www.eliterentalandmanagementagents.com/

No landline number is not very professional. Is the office address a house or proper commercial office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Duzzer wrote: »
    Is the office address a house or proper commercial office?

No idea. Just passing on the fact the brother uses them and has mentioned he is happy with their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Scanno

Thanks, I will look them up

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭emmetfahy

Do not under any circumstances consider McFar (other useless agents are also available!)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

I know of two estates in Balbriggan in recent times that have got rid of Smith Property Management (SPM) - that might be one to keep off your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Just curious to know why you think McFar is so bad? They are managing the estate where I live and I don't find them too bad, maybe I am missing something! We had Smiths before, they were brutal.

• Advertisement

CinammonGirl, glad MacFar are working out for you on your estate. I guess they have the keep some of their customers happy or they would be out of business altogether. I do not wish to go into details, but there has been one fairly simple issue recently which had a big impact on our day to day living, which I can assure you, was dealt with downright incompetence. PM me if you really want the details.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Hi Jim,

I'm actually sitting here due to contact our management company regarding issues with our property only to realize its McFar as well. I'll let you know how i get on with it.

Please do

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Well so far they havn't done any of the repairs i logged back in August (problems with the lift and a hole in the wall). I rang them this morning and apparently the lift company are due and the maintenance person is on another course and will be around by sunday (i'll see if this happens).

Just one more thing that happened saturday night that shocked me, we had the building fire alarm go off at midnight, we all left the building and the fire brigade was called. I rang the emergency number for MacFar (as i figured they would like to know) and go greeted to a sleepy guy (understandable) who told me to just press silent on the alarm and go back to bed and not bother with the fire brigade... I promptly told him no and hung up on him. I've contacted MacFar about this too so they will let me know what happens about that bit, a bit freaked about that to say the least. There was no fire anyway, it was a false alarm that was rectified quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ellaj

Hi everybody :)
    This is my first post.
    I am with MacFar and I can not anymore.
    Could you tell how I can change Management Company, please?
    I pay so high management fee and nothing is done in the common area. It is getting worse.
    Everyday something is destroyed in the stairways, broken glass in the cars.
    I email them every few days. I rang them emergency yesterday evening. Nothing happened!
    Who can help me?
    I think I am the only owner in my building.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi ellaj, welcome to boards. You're probably not likely to get many helpful replies in this forum, but there's an Accommodation & Property forum where this sort of thing is discussed and someone will no doubt be able to advise you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ellaj

Thank you so much.

Advertisement