Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man jailed for five years after closing office licence 5 minutes early

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just want to know your views on this matter. http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/08/05/off-licence-owner-who-closed-5-minutes-early-arrested-jailed/

Edit: mods can you please fix the title of this thread.

You do realise thats fake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I want The Onion view on this matter! It would be the only trusted source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Well holy god thats shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

It's a travesty. Make sure you contact Joe Duffy in the morning.

People interest stories like this are what the public want to hear. Fight the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Apologies if it is fake spotted it on the Irish daily mirror Facebook page yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Scoops...classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Ruu wrote: »
    I want The Onion view on this matter! It would be the only trusted source.
    Will cabaiste do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

He's lucky to only get five years. What if a St.Bernanrd needed some Brandy for a passed out citizen?

Loved the judge's comment:
    Judge Redmond also stated “your mouth, Mr. Lafferty, is where the truth goes to die and now it is where sperm will go to die, enjoy prison and I hope you rot in jail for your crimes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,115 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ibtl, and condolences to OP - if that is your real name...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The perfect opportunity to troll the OP and you go and ruin it instantly. Shame on you sir, shame on you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

The perfect opportunity to troll the OP and you go and ruin it instantly. Shame on you sir, shame on you.

Yup.... http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/7/74735/1269867-buzzkill.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,575 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ah no. Saw the thread title and thought - "Bingo!". I was about to have a great rant about the justice system.

OP is disappoint :(

Even if true not as good as Garlic man anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Only right too 5 years was not enough!!!!:mad::mad::pac::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedPandaDan

Apologies if it is fake spotted it on the Irish daily mirror Facebook page yesterday.

The redtops are hardly better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Damn right he was!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Hi all,

Just want to know your views on this matter. http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/08/05/off-licence-owner-who-closed-5-minutes-early-arrested-jailed/

Shocking stuff OP - almost as bad as the Garda jailed for 12 months with the last 6 suspended for refusing to have penalty points quashed for his Uncle. The country has gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

''If''?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

How could anyone think that was real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

It's not fake, it's satire. And hilarious.
    Did this not make you think?
    The 9.55pm rush is a strange phenomenon similar to the Bermuda triangle whereby off licences have a magnetic pull on alcohol consumers which sees them descend in large number on a premises despite their only being five minutes of available time to pick, choose and queue to pay for their alcohol.

“It was getting to the stage where I had over five hundred people coming in at that time and I just couldn’t cope with the crowds,” Mr. Lafferty added before being told to ‘shut up’ by Judge Redmond.

Judge Redmond, added that despite it being entirely illegal he would permit the public to throw any objects in the direction of Mr. Lafferty as he exited the courtroom. Judge Redmond also stated “your mouth, Mr. Lafferty, is where the truth goes to die and now it is where sperm will go to die, enjoy prison and I hope you rot in jail for your crimes”.

Reoil wrote: »
    It's not fake, it's satire.

Did it happen?

No.

So it is fake. May also be satire, but regardless, it is fake.

• Advertisement

Did it happen?

No.

So it is fake. May also be satire, but regardless, it is fake.

So, say, Animal Farm is also "fake"?

Reoil wrote: »
    So, say, Animal Farm is also "fake"?

So we are now equating this crap with a novel?

Really?

Really?

So we are now both answering a question with a question?

...both are fiction, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Really?

the problem is using the word "fake"

satire, spoof, "not a true story" etc are more accurate

"fake" to me is when someone is trying to mislead you by portraying something untrue as true - lying basically. Satire is not about doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm glad the thread has gone down the "fake" vs. "satire" route. Should make for fascinating reading over the next 10 pages or so. Much more interesting than the OP.

Dave! wrote: »
    I'm glad the thread has gone down the "fake" vs. "satire" route. Should make for fascinating reading over the next 10 pages or so. Much more interesting than the OP.

Here now, the thread was ruined by the second post! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

There not much better to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Guess there is still gullible people who believe everything they read.

Had thought that people who peruse the internet were aware WW was a satire site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Hi all,

Our country can not move forward until all the Off-Licence owners realise that the 9:59pm dash to get cans is an intregral part of our society!! I think he should be given life without parole! :P:D:pac:

Advertisement