Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to craft beers

Options
  • 05-08-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any good off licences in Dublin I can buy some decent craft beers?

Never tasted one before, but eager to start. Preferably cider.

Thanks,
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

In Dublin City?

The best off licence "in town" is probably Probus Wines on Fenian St.

There's Drinkstore in Stoneybatter, they have a pretty good online presence and deliver, but it's always worth a look around the shop.

Further afield, there's Sweeney's in Glasnevin and the two McHugh's shops (Artane & Kilbarrack)

I'll leave the Southside to someone else, as I'm unfamiliar with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thanks, I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Redmonds of Ranelagh are one of the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Is Jack Carvills closed for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Martin's in Fairview have a decent selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

McHughs and Drinkstore get my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Redmonds is probably best for a walk in and browse, but its considerably more expensive than the others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Devenneys is great but expensive like Redmonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Any O'Brien's have a very decent selection of craft beers, which if you like you'll find reasonably easy to find in some pubs about town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thanks for all the suggestions guys/gals.

I saw one called "Blue Moon" in Maynooth earlier, which was labelled as a craft beer, but ingredients were not listed so I'm skeptical. Anyone know of it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

karaokeman wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys/gals.

I saw one called "Blue Moon" in Maynooth earlier, which was labelled as a craft beer, but ingredients were not listed so I'm skeptical. Anyone know of it?

Made by the people who make Coors Light. It's not really considered to be "craft beer" and it's pretty boring.

Aldi sell O'Shea's Red, Stout and Pale Ale, which are made by Carlow Brewing Company and are a good way to try a few different styles without spending too much (think they're €1.89 a bottle).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not listing ingredients is unfortunately quite common. Blue Moon is brewed by Coors. It's not a bad beer, though quite sweet for the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EmilyN

If its Cider you're after, Orpens, Stonewell Dry, Tempted and Rekorderling are my favourites!

Advertisement