Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What grinds your gears

Options
  • 05-08-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭

What really wrecks your heads when you are playing?? For me it's players that just go out of their way to make you miserable in game <snip>....In twilight imperium the other day everytime I did anything to any player another guy would do everything to stop it happening, if i was in battle if I got one damage on a warsun/dreadnaught he'd drop a card to kill them.

So what annoys you my fellow gamers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

When people label you as the "bad guy" in their mind, and will do anything to stop you from winning in any game, regardless of circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

People not taking part properly in a game, becoming distracted and dragging the hoop out of a game, whinging and worse still winning by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 42 JackGM

When people work against me when I GM. I can roll with it, but they wreck the encounters I prepare for them. They started off with a babysitter Lawful Good cleric I played b/c of an absent player. They tried to kill him and burned a village I had prepared a tonne of quests in. I managed to bring the cleric back as an antagonist, and the players respond super well to this. Still, annoyed the piss out of me when they did it :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A new one for me:

Apparently I'm now the bad guy because I'm the only person that bothered to learn the rules. This means that if a rule benefits someone else, it's fine, but if it benefits me, well, there's a good twenty minutes discussion about why I'm interpreting it that way. Very frustrating, as I'm a straight shooter, just don't see the point in winning by cheating.

Advertisement