Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Las Vegas

Options
  • 05-08-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Heading to Vegas for 2 weeks here. Anything worth doing in Vegas Cycling wise? I heard there is a good MTB trail in Red Rock Canyon. I don't do any MTB but wouldnt mind something like that.

Are there any good cycling shops for example?
    Would things like Power meters be cheaper in the states?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GilltownJoe

Was in Vegas this time last year, very very hot, not sure about cycling in that heat to be honest

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

July & August are hottest times of year in LV, You'll likely be looking at between 108-115f temp wise.

The dry heat is nice (atleast I think so) but still hard going running or cycling in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Yeah, I would need to go early in the morning. Going to look into red rock canyon for some cycling. Would love to take advantage of the pound being so good compared to the dollar and get some good clothing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Your post reminded me of this blogplost by a German guy wanting to cycle around Vegas:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2014/01/24/10492288.aspx

Advertisement