Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ThL Website.

Options
  • 05-08-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey guys,
    I've been browsing around and came across a Chinese brand known as ThL. They sell very cheap smartphones with good specs. They're official website is www. thlmobilestore .com (sorry for the spaces I can't post URL's >.<) I was wondering if anyone ordered from this website? Or if you got a ThL phone from another website? If either, did you experience any problems, with customs, quality, etc? Just wondering before I go buying, as it would be rather expensive to go returning it to China. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

TGxMister wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I've been browsing around and came across a Chinese brand known as ThL. They sell very cheap smartphones with good specs. They're official website is www. thlmobilestore .com (sorry for the spaces I can't post URL's >.<) I was wondering if anyone ordered from this website? Or if you got a ThL phone from another website? If either, did you experience any problems, with customs, quality, etc? Just wondering before I go buying, as it would be rather expensive to go returning it to China. Thanks.

Customs generally depends on shipping. I have a ThL W200 I got from Chinavaison.com, and both the phone and chinavaison are a lot of trouble, merimobiles.com and etotalk.com stock ThL phones and both are reputable sites.

A friend of mine got a ThL T5 which stopped charging after a few months, so I'll probably stay away from them after my W200 conks. A higher priced phone from them may be better built, but their budget phones are nothing to harp about.

And registered parcel the weight of a phone is only about a tenner to China :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ELynch96

I got a W200 from their website paid for dhl shipping, received it within a week. Only had one problem with the phone which was the camera it stopped working but it is easily fixed. Other than that I'm delighted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

ELynch96 wrote: »
    I got a W200 from their website paid for dhl shipping, received it within a week. Only had one problem with the phone which was the camera it stopped working but it is easily fixed. Other than that I'm delighted with it

Do you not find the battery to be horrendous? I must take another hack at fixing the camera issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TGxMister

ELynch96 wrote: »
    Did you try using other apps for the camera? Or using a custom ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ELynch96

Yes I used a different camera app I installed a Miui custom ROM (i think that's how its spelt) but its a hardware problem so I looked it up on YouTube and repaired it myself

• Advertisement
Advertisement