Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R9 290 Over Clock

Options
  • 05-08-2014 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone know why my R9 290 core clock is jumping about all over the place? I know its designed to do it to keep itself 'cool' but it's being watercooled and barely exceeding 60C.

1100/1400 seems relatively stable, but if I give it any more beans it just varies from 800Mhz to 1100Mhz (or what ever it's set to).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There might be a temperature threshold that it's hitting when you bump it up a little, just as you increase the clock a little. There's probably somewhere around to disable the power/temperature saving features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

How hot are the vrm's getting? That's probably your barrier. The core could be dropping back to lower temps.

Advertisement