Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone used a ProCut 43cc Petrol strimmer?

Options
  • 05-08-2014 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭

Someone asked my opinion on strimmers and the above-model is half the price and 9cc stronger than the type I recommended (Tanaka).

I don't hide that I'm biased against tools bought from chain-hardware Stores but ProCut seem to be a reasonable brand and a price difference of 200 euro is hard to argue against for a tool that will be used for 2-3 hours a month.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I bought a similar strimmer online (mine is branded TruShopping) and its been running fine for me. I simply could not justify spending €500 on a real top quality one, so tried this one at £100, and its been running fine for a couple of years so far.

If you search the likes of eBay you will see plenty of strange brand name ones around this price, I think they are more than likely all churned out of China and are quite similar in spec. You might not get the lifespan you would from a Tanaka or Honda, but they might suffice if the work isn't heavy duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

I bought Kasei strimmer for €179. So far so good, although it's probably only got about 10 hours use so far. I bought it from a local dealer, who can get all necessary replacement parts for it if required. For me that's the important issue

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You get what you pay for, in many cases repair will be uneconomical with these machines, carbs pistons and cranks are all pretty much throw away.
    If you want to take a chance then go for it, but a procut 43cc will no way be as powerful as a 43cc Tanaka.
    The difference is what you can't see inside the engine, closed ports vs open ports and single sided crankshafts vs full crankshafts.
    I've stripped a lot of them and the little differences are what makes a machine last or not.
    There can be some good second hand machines available which would be worth a look, Maruyama, Tanaka, Stihl, Husky etc would all make good second hand buys if they are in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stormy49

Anyone know where to get a spool head assembly for procut strimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

stormy49 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a spool head assembly for procut strimmer

I had some bother with the spool head on mine, and got the guy in the local lawnmower centre to replace it with a generic, simple head that uses cut lengths of plastic that just push through 2 little holes. A lot easier than fighting with those big bulky spool heads, springs, trying to screw them back on etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement