Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Cardboard - 3D Glasses - Oculus Thrift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye I ordered one on eBay for the laugh the other night. Still hasnt arrived. I suspect I'll use it for about 8 seconds and then never use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Ye I ordered one on eBay for the laugh the other night. Still hasnt arrived. I suspect I'll use it for about 8 seconds and then never use it again.

I'd definitely be in that boat, but that's not stopping me from ordering..
    I could make one.
    I don't want to pay for fast shipping for cardboard... :pac:

I am hoping to be gone away in a month, so there's no point in ordering snail mail from China, I may never see it before I go.

I'll have to resign myself to the fact it probably won't happen for me, unless I can source the parts locally. Or semi-locally.

It looks cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭emo72

can you not just order the complete kit from google devices store and assemble it?

emo72 wrote: »
    can you not just order the complete kit from google devices store and assemble it?

I didn't see it on google devices, hence the link to aliexpress.

Have you a link? I'd order from there if it was similar price..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭emo72

Allyall wrote: »
    I didn't see it on google devices, hence the link to aliexpress.

Have you a link? I'd order from there if it was similar price..

No, it's not on devices. I don't understand why they don't sell it themselves.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    No, it's not on devices. I don't understand why they don't sell it themselves.

They probably couldn't justify selling cardboard and a rubber band :D.

Or more likely, probably can't sell won't sell something like that, after facebook just acquired oculus rift for $2 billion... :pac:

I don't know, but there probably is a reason. Some legal cráp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Put an Apple logo on it, call it iCardboard and sell it for €50

Advertisement