Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Hazelwood in Santry

Options
  • 05-08-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Had a room in Hazelwood, they were nice enough apartments the location is hard to get to tho.
    The main issue is that they fine you for literally everything, if you have given a deposit you will not be getting it back!

Some of the ridiculous fine were "walking through the vehicle gate as a pedestrian €300!"
    "bikes inside room €150" or "lost keys €150"

To get a wifi code (2mb internet) you pay to get a key fob its €100 deposit

These arnt just to scare people no no no.... they have massive bouncers for that. They actually full on enforce these fines.

I payed €75 cleaning fee.. because items were left on the table when I moved out.

In total I have hear of friends paying nearly €600 worth of fines! there is no getting off these fines and they essentially rob you.

I would rather sleep on the street then stay there again. I know many people who have had similar dealings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CoolDudesJunk

Have had similar experiences with them myself. I'd say a Yelp review would be more visible, send them the message

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tonyduggan

how strict are they with the no friends staying over night? what happens if you meet a lovely girl on a night out? or want to have friends over for a night at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,298 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tonyduggan wrote: »
    how strict are they with the no friends staying over night? what happens if you meet a lovely girl on a night out? or want to have friends over for a night at the weekend?
    Consider living somewhere else.

Victor wrote: »
    Consider living somewhere else.

too late for that! is it that bad? send a pm if its stuff you don't want to say in public

• Registered Users Posts: 78,298 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tonyduggan wrote: »
    too late for that! is it that bad? send a pm if its stuff you don't want to say in public
    I'm only familiar with the situation in UCD and TCD, when some friends were in college there. Likely, you aren't signing up to a traditional lease. You are likely a licencee (not dissimilar to a hotel or hostel guest) and your stay is personal to you, not your friends. The other people living there have signed up to live with X people, not X people + Y hangers-on.

You can get away with the occasional one visitor, assuming your flat mates don't object, but there is no entitlement.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    I'm only familiar with the situation in UCD and TCD, when some friends were in college there. Likely, you aren't signing up to a traditional lease. You are likely a licencee (not dissimilar to a hotel or hostel guest) and your stay is personal to you, not your friends. The other people living there have signed up to live with X people, not X people + Y hangers-on.

You can get away with the occasional one visitor, assuming your flat mates don't object, but there is no entitlement.

Ah that's just like any other student accom so, not as bad as I had feared!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement