Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First PC Gaming Build

Options
  • 05-08-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

1. What is your budget? Around €600-750 but I can push it slightly higher if I buy parts weekly

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mainly just gaming, Skyrim, GTA etc. and maybe some COD/Battlefield.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Not sure, I have a 40" full HD tv but that's probably not optimal

5a. If yes, what size do you need? 22"-24"?

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080 and I'm not sure

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard, mouse and wireless card

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit Card/Laser etc.

9. When are you purchasing? Either in 4-5 weeks all at once or 1-2 parts a week for the next 6 weeks or so at a slightly higher budget

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Kildare

This is my first attempt at building a pc so any help would be much appreciated and planning on buying everything from hardwareversand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kylerock

Over clocking is the way forward

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JamieW522

kylerock wrote: »
    Over clocking is the way forward

How so? Tbh I wouldn't have the first clue how to go about it and would it not cost more to get parts compatible with overclocking?

Advertisement