If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Is urine really THAT dirty?

  • 05-08-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ Teaforlife

    Getting ready for the water charges which means less flushing of the toilet and other stuff. Yes if I go for a poo I will definitely use a big flush. If it is only a pee well then I would use a small flush or else not flush at all.

    We are all thought that pee is so dirty it must be flushed away asap. Yes I know pee isn't sterile but it isn't dirty either. People don't think of what is in their pee and I think people shouldn't say it is so filthy. How could water from someones system be so dirty, hazardous and spread disease? Unless they have an infection, pee is a clean filtered fluid.

    Your pee is composed of 95% water along with excess nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, calcium, protein and other stuff. The other 5% is our waste products (which ain't toxic, just not needed at that time). The waste was good for your body at some stage, for instance amino acids are converted to urea and uroluibin. Your kidneys filter and clean the fluid before it comes out of the system.

    Poo on the other hand is your body's dirty waste. It is all the undigested stuff your body can't use. Your body keeps the nutrients and passes out the waste as feces.

    So do you think pee is really dirty? Let us know what you think!

    Is urine dirty? 0 votes

    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭ bur

    I have a fresh glass every morning.

  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ his_dudeness

    Teaforlife wrote: »
    Yes I know pee isn't sterile but it isn't dirty either.

    Urine is sterile.

  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭ Xeyn

    ^^ unless of course it burns on the way out...

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭ satguy

    How did it come to this,, in Ireland of all places..
    It rains non stop, and now we are worrying about the cost of flushing the loo..

    We need to sack some of our politicians, Flush a few of them down the loo,, because that's what they are, "S##T"

  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ Teaforlife

    Urine is sterile.

    Yeah I suppose out of all fluids, urine is the cleanest to come out of a human's body!

  • Advertisement