Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 way links exchange wanted

Options
  • 05-08-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for one way links preferable from .ie domains.
    In exchange, I offer links from .ie domains pr 1, 3, 4, 7
    Preferable blog-post/articles.
    Please reply via PM.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Is it 1998?

You do realize that this stopped working about 10 years ago right?
    You do realize that when you're caught (not IF) that all three sites will get penalized right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭jmcc

RedFly wrote: »
    Is it 1998?

You do realize that this stopped working about 10 years ago right?
    You do realize that when you're caught (not IF) that all three sites will get penalized right?
    Weren't blog posts and article style links also hit badly in recent Google algorithm twiddles?

Regards...jmcc

Jmcc
    It's been a while!

Not really sure to be honest. We don't do SEO in the "traditional" sense any more. It's not an off the shelf product any more. We haven't done that for a long time. Content strategy based on solid Analytics and paid search data is where it's at now.

90 percent of our clients are in the US because most Irish companies are still stuck in the SEO of 2004 mindset. It's why this OP doesn't surprise me in the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

Plenty of SEO experts here I see :)

With all due respect, I did not ask anyone's opinion on what works in SEO and what doesn't, but happy to see that experts in the field believe that links don't help anymore :)

So............
    If anyone has some good .ie sites and wanna do some links swapping .............
    Show me yours, I'll show you mine :)

Have a good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

akagaby wrote: »

With all due respect, I did not ask anyone's opinion on what works in SEO and what doesn't, but happy to see that experts in the field believe that links don't help anymore :)

No, of course links still matter, but you are talking about ring-type link farming which definitely doesn't work and is very easily detected and as it is blackhat manipulation it is rightly penalised, and has been for a long time now and well before Penguin.

• Advertisement

I did not mention link farming, automated article submissions, guest blog posting, etc etc :)
    Anyone who has a PR 5, 6, 7 site, knows what I'm looking for :)

Nor did I. I said 'ring-type link farming' which will get you nowhere. Instead of engaging in the folly of outsmarting Google with this kind of manipulation, you would be much better off putting your energy into providing good relevant content that users want and might link to, naturally and organically.

Tricky D...

Webmasters write articles about whatever they want and provide informational useful links within the article.
    Is that not correct?!
    So why would this practice be penalized by Google? Think about it :)

And todays lesson was free :) I'll charge you for next one :)

If you really think you are able to outsmart Google and ignore all the advice on good practice, I wouldn't pay a dime.

Tricky D...

Webmasters write articles about whatever they want and provide informational useful links within the article.
    Is that not correct?!
    So why would this practice be penalized by Google? Think about it :)

I showed you the way by highlighting facts. You are free to believe whatever you want. I will not argue with you anymore on this topic, which is actually off topic:)

• Advertisement

Jmcc
    It's been a while!
    Yep. Been busy surveying the entire com/net/org/biz/info/etc at an IP level and mapping it.
    Not really sure to be honest. We don't do SEO in the "traditional" sense any more. It's not an off the shelf product any more. We haven't done that for a long time. Content strategy based on solid Analytics and paid search data is where it's at now.
    Google hit a few article/guest blog posting sites a few months ago from what I remember.
    90 percent of our clients are in the US because most Irish companies are still stuck in the SEO of 2004 mindset. It's why this OP doesn't surprise me in the least.
    Throw in the "search engines will find our sites without links and SEO" attitude and it is closer to 1994. Targeting the US market is a far better strategy.

Regards...jmcc

tricky D wrote: »
    No, of course links still matter, but you are talking about ring-type link farming which definitely doesn't work and is very easily detected and as it is blackhat manipulation it is rightly penalised, and has been for a long time now and well before Penguin.
    It is so simple to spot those linking structures that even Google can do it.

Regards...jmcc

tricky D wrote: »
    If you really think you are able to outsmart Google and ignore all the advice on good practice, I wouldn't pay a dime.

You're not going to win the battle . However, if you've prevented an unknowing SME from participating and getting banned, you've won the war.

OP. If you're so sure that you're not violating any guidelines or policies, why not share the links you want to "wheel"? The mere fact that you even mentioned PR is a strong indicator of how defunct your approach is. No offense. But what you are asking others to do WILL hurt their business. It's not unreasonable to expect others to chime in to try protect those who don't know any better.

This is the OPTIMIZATION forum. Not the MANIPULATION forum. If you don't see the difference, that's your loss. Or will be.

You're not going to win the battle . However, if you've prevented an unknowing SME from participating and getting banned, you've won the war.

That was the plan in the hope that anyone tempted would listen to 50+ years of experience in and around the field between the 3 of us.;)

I'm not an SEO expert. However I do deal with more websites and links than you will see in a lifetime.
    It has to do with the right kind of links making a difference. Google may not be fast or bright but it eventually figures out how to deal with blackhat linking. Spikes in new inbound links as a result of link building may be one of the factors that Google uses in assessing the quality of a site.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    It has to do with the right kind of links making a difference.
    Regards...jmcc

Finally you said something that makes sense. You're catching on guys :)

Finally you said something that makes sense. You're catching on guys :)
    I say a lot of things that make sense. However it helps if you understand exactly what I am talking about. :)

Google has people who deal with link spam and other issues. They are slow but eventually they stumble over some solutions that others, those more intelligent and with a greater understanding of the web, see immediately. And then people in the SEO business wonder what happened to their formerly well ranked websites. Your link based approach probably has less than six months of operational effectiveness left before it is stamped on by Google.

The fact that you are asking for links on a forum is an indication that your sites may have problems in gaining links organically. The problem is that Google's FUD over unnatural links has had a serious effect on the linkscape of the web and websites no longer link to each other at the same rate as a few years ago. This means that links that might have been lost in the noise are now more apparent to Google and its spam team.

Regards...jmcc

I'm trying to figure out why are you guys so stubborn and don't wanna admit that high quality relevant links are high quality relevant links?!

I control one or two PR7 and plenty of PR5, 4, 3 etc sites. They got their PR from mighty Google itself, so i probably know what I'm doing.
    The bottom line is that Google loves the sites I manage, and my clients are chuffed.

And please lets stick to the topic. In any of you wanna teach SEO, please open your own thread and talk between the three of you, and by next year you have 53 years experience :)

I'm trying to figure out why are you guys so stubborn and don't wanna admit that high quality relevant links are high quality relevant links?!
    We were pointing out the importance of the right kind of links.
    I control one or two PR7 and plenty of PR5, 4, 3 etc sites. They got their PR from mighty Google itself, so i probably know what I'm doing.
    The bottom line is that Google loves the sites I manage, and my clients are chuffed.
    Good for you and your clients! However that can all change in a heartbeat when some bargain basement intellect in Google decides that what you are doing is wrong or some simpleton algorithm tweak from an equally simple Googler nukes all that link building work. Google has been trying to shift away from PR because their own FUD and incompetence has managed to seriously damage the linking model of the web. It even tested a version of their search engine without links as a major factor and it sucked.
    And please lets stick to the topic.
    The topic being your attempt to gain links from unsuspecting posters who may be unaware of the risks involved in what you are doing?
    In any of you wanna teach SEO,
    I don't teach astrology or numerology and I certainly don't want to teach SEO - something that has a lot of similarities with the other two subjects.
    please open your own thread and talk between the three of you
    Please read this important forum announcement:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055728607

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement