Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find a celebrant, urgent.

Options
  • 05-08-2014 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

Hi All

We had a civil ceremony last week and were planning on having a blessing in the local church on the day (16th of this month),
    We met the local priest and I won't give the reasons but we've decided that it is not really going to work.

So, as we're having the afters in a marquee in the garden we decided we could have a blessing there too.

Now the problem, very short notice.

I asked a relation who I would have liked to do it but he declined (understandable reasons) and I've contacted the humanists (awaiting more replies but very unlikely to find someone free).

Does anyone here have any more suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've seen these guys recommended before

http://abeautifulceremony.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Here Comes The Trio

+1 for a beautiful ceremony.

Also the Grace Christian Church do non-denominational Christian fully legal wedding ceremonies in all the usual civil ceremony venues. You could ask them to do a blessing or short ceremony. Have played at ceremonies by Romy and Gabrielle of A Beautiful Ceremony and Tom and Mike of Grace so PM if you'd like any more info on any of them. Good luck!

Advertisement